Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Bishop during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning at 760-784-9034 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.