People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning in Bishop at 760-784-9034. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.