When it’s frigid in Bishop you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to a few different problems. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.