During the cold Bishop months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning ASAP if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning at 760-784-9034 or schedule an appointment with us online.