Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Bishop is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning in Bishop at 760-784-9034 today.