You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 760-784-9034.