Make your life less difficult—start preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning professional each year. This is important to keep your unit working for a long time to come. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your AC, which can hamper airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for major repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.