Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Bishop summer, have the professionals at Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning today at 760-784-9034.