As spring begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Bishop? Especially if your air conditioning system is recently purchased or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help spot little issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into extensive issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Overall equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Bishop Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 760-784-9034 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.